Enhancing Your Beauty within the cities of San Diego, Carlsbad, Del Mar & nearby areas of California
BOTOX® Cosmetic is well-known for its ability to address facial wrinkles, but it works very differently than other injectables. The goal of BOTOX® is to immobilize muscle movement to release deep lines and wrinkles, while dermal fillers “fill” in wrinkles and sunken cheeks to provide a softer, youthful appearance. BOTOX® has both cosmetic and medical uses, some of which may surprise you.
Our San Diego office offers BOTOX® Cosmetic to treat an array of issues including:
- Forehead Lines: Horizontal lines on the forehead are one of the most popularly treated areas with BOTOX®. Often called “frown lines,” forehead lines are a natural part of aging. We use these muscles when we are stressed and facial expressions. These wrinkles are often the first to show up as you get older.
- “Crow’s Feet:” These lines develop around the eyes at the corners and are caused by squinting and the natural constant use of the muscles. Similar to forehead lines, Crow’s feet are unavoidable. BOTOX® Cosmetic can help you look younger by reducing the movement of these muscles to smooth out your appearance.
- “11” Lines: These are the vertical lines that develop between your eyebrows. They’re often deeper than other lines and wrinkles, but BOTOX® Cosmetic lifts these lines to restore smooth skin. The “11” lines are another one of the most commonly treated areas.
- Marionette Lines: These vertical lines are in the chin area and extend down the chin from the corners of your mouth, similar to a marionette doll. There are several ways to address these signs of aging, but BOTOX® Cosmetic is among the most popular.
- BOTOX® Brow Lift: A nonsurgical way to restore youth to your outer brow area. The BOTOX® Brow Lift works to relax and smoothen the skin surrounding your brows by elevating the skin, allowing the vibrancy of your eyes to shine through.
- “Smoker’s Lines:” Peri-oral lines develop around your lips, which can create a “sad” look as it typically causes the corners of your mouth to tip downward. They’re often called barcode lines as well. BOTOX® Cosmetic can effectively reduce these lines and there are lip enhancement dermal fillers that can address thinning lips.
- Excessive Sweating: BOTOX® has proven to effectively reduce or inhibit excess sweating by blocking the release of the chemical that causes sweat, Acetycholine. It’s often used in the underarms, palms of your hands, and soles of your feet.
- Crossed Eyes: BOTOX® is FDA approved to help with crossed eyes, or strabismus, which impacts the lives of approximately 4 percent of Americans. The injectable is used to temporarily weekend the muscles of one of your eyes to correct the misalignment.
These are just a few of many treatment areas for which BOTOX® Cosmetic can be effective. Contact our San Diego office today at 800-896-1138. If you’re interested in minimizing lines and wrinkles using BOTOX® or another type of injectable. Avalon Laser serves clients in San Diego and surrounding areas of California including Carlsbad and Del Mar.