Microdermabrasion Do’s and Don’ts
Microdermabrasion is an excellent treatment if you want healthier, more youthful skin. It is a painless exfoliating procedure that removes dead skin cells and buildup to reveal fresh, glowing skin. Microdermabrasion can treat fine lines, scars and stimulate a brighter complexion, by encouraging the formation of new skin cells and fresh collagen. Dr. Tirgari and his talented skincare experts will help you determine how many treatments you need to achieve optimal results.
After your microdermabrasion treatment
Your skin will be rosy in appearance immediately following your microdermabrasion appointment. You may experience flushing or warmth like a very mild sunburn, but this will fade in the days following your procedure. Some people experience minor flaking as the remaining dead skin sloughs off. Use generous amounts of moisturizer for a fresh, youthful result.
- Wear sunscreen! We’ve revealed fresh, new skin cells that need to be protected from the harsh effects of the sun. SPF is your best friend. Consider wearing a hat for extra coverage.
- Be gentle. Use a mild cleanser that is suited to your skin type. Wash with temperate water and gently pat dry.
- Drink water. Staying hydrated will help your body regenerate new cells. You’ll feel better. You’ll look better. Drink up!
- Follow the rules. Moisturize your skin often. Be diligent with the post-procedure skincare instructions given to you by our staff.
- Do not spend time in the sun. Please do not leave the house without sunscreen. It is best to avoid direct sun exposure for at least a week.
- Do not engage in anything that causes you to perspire an excessive amount. Sweat can cause stinging sensations and irritation. If you have to work out, consider a headband or something to wick sweat away from the skin on your face.
- Do not exfoliate, scrub or wax the treated areas in the week following your microdermabrasion appointment. If you shave your face, hold off for a few days. This will help you to avoid irritating your fresh skin cells.
- Do not use products that contain retinol, acids, vitamin C, or benzoyl peroxide. These strong active ingredients are not necessary while your skin recovers.
Ready to experience the results San Diego microdermabrasion has to offer? Dr. Tirgari and the highly skilled team at Avalon Laser offer impeccable patient care and the best aesthetic technology available. Schedule your complimentary consultation with our location that is most convenient for you. Call our office in San Diego (619) 494-3944; or Carlsbad (760) 891-5353.