Enhancing Your Beauty within the cities of San Diego, Carlsbad, Del Mar & nearby areas of California
Posted: November 12, 2014
Nowadays, laser hair removal has become one of the most popular cosmetic treatments for both men and women. However, more often than not, when considering laser hair removal in San Diego, patients encounter misleading information. This is why we have decided to clarify some of the most common laser hair removal myths. Of course, the best way to find out about laser hair removal is to speak to a medical professional. But to get you started:
Here are some facts and some myths about laser hair removal (LHR).
1. If you shave or wax, your hair will grow back even more thicker. – FACT
This may be true, especially for shaving. The skin often redoubles it’s efforts to “protect” itself against any perceived injury. Shaving has been associated with thicker hair regrowth.
2. One session of laser hair removal removes all unwanted hair for good. – MYTH
Since there are multiple cycles of hair growth, and since laser hair removal only targets hair in the active growth phase, multiple sessions of laser hair removal are needed to target all of the hairs in a given area.
3. Laser hair removal has never been proven safe and effective. – MYTH
After millions of procedures performed, in proper hands, laser hair removal has been proven to be one of the safest forms of hair removal.
4. Laser hair removal can worsen excess body hair. – MYTH
laser hair removal is effective at destroying the hair follicle permanently, which reduces hair. The wavelengths of laser used to do so have not been shown to cause hair growth.
5. Laser hair removal compromises your health for radiation. – MYTH
Since laser hair removal does not involve ionizing radiation, no such health risks are involved. It is one of the safest procedures around.
6. Anybody is eligible for laser hair removal. – FACT
True. With appropriate lasers and properly trained staff, all skin types can be treated.
7. Laser hair removal is the same treatment used for all hair types. – MYTH
Different lasers work better for different skin types. However, the hair itself needs to contain some pigment in order for the laser to “see” it. This is why laser hair removal is less effective at treating very blonde or white hair.
8. Home-made hair removal treatments give the same results as the clinical ones. – MYTH
laser hair removal uses much more powerful lasers than those sold in home-care kits. For this reason, laser hair removal in a spa has been shown to be much more effective.
If you are interested in learning more about laser hair removal, please peruse our website or contact us today to schedule a complimentary laser hair removal consultation in San Diego or Carlsbad.