UVA Vs. UVB Rays
We have all seen these on sunscreens, sunglasses, and every other type of product having to do with being protected from the sun, but what is the difference between the two? UV stands for ultraviolet and refers to the basic type of light emitted by the sun. The A and the B simply differentiate the two types.
- UVA light penetrates the skin’s deeper layers and is responsible for most cancers. It also destroys important substances in the skin that help give it its elasticity and firmness.
- UVB light does not penetrate nearly as deeply as UVA light and primarily causes sunburns.
Why You Need Full-Time
Protection From UV Rays.
No matter what time it is or how cloudy it seems to be, UVA rays are being emitted by the sun and penetrating the skin—even if you are not outside! UVA rays ae relentless; they penetrate your car windows, and your windows at work and at home.
EltaMD’s Broad Spectrum
Sun Care Line
The term “broad spectrum” appears on many different protective preparations, but what does it mean? The sun emits rays with a range of wavelengths. UVBs, for example, are within the 290 – 320 nm, which is much smaller than the UVAs’ range (320 nm to 400 nm). A product labeled “broad spectrum”—which includes all the EltaMD sun care line—means that it has been tested and proven to protect against the full range of UVAs.
Uses For Different Skin Types And Areas Of The Body
Elta has created four different categories of sun care products, with an SPF rating, ranging from 31 to 46:
- For the Face – This includes products specifically formulated for acne-prone skin, skin with rosacea or pigmentation issues, and for post-procedural applications for all types of skin.
- Lip – This comes in the form of a lip balm.
- For the Face and Body – This is for all types of skin, ranging from normal to oily.
- For the Entire Body (Full-Body) – The differences are primarily in the SPF and application method (spray, lotion, etc.)
Skincare: At Avalon Laser, We Help You
Create And Maintain Healthy Skin
EltaMD offers more than a dozen skincare products, all designed to help your skin be the best that it can be.
That radiant glow simply cannot be achieved when dirt, oil and other impurities are clogging the pores—and preventing other, skin-supportive products from penetrating the top layer of skin and doing their job. EltaMD offers a full range of cleansers from all types of skin, from sensitive and dry, through normal and oily—all free of harsh chemicals.
Our intense moisturizers for face and body help lock in moisture, so skin stays supple and hydrated.
The good news is that the body is constantly replacing old skin cells that have died with new ones. So why don’t we always have the skin of a teenager? The cells we produce when we’re in our 40s, 50s or 60s and beyond do not have the same characteristics or structure. The EltaMD skincare line delivers the nutrients our cells need to better survive and thrive as we age.