In today’s snooze-and-you-lose world and imminent aging, many people struggle with dark under-eye circles that seem to get worse over time. While for some heredity, vitamin deficiency, medication side effects and lack of sleep play a role, in most cases effective treatment via a cosmetic dermatology professional can eradicate dark under-eye circles and under-eye bags.
At Avalon Laser in San Diego and Carlsbad, we use a combination of laser skin tightening technology and bleaching peel to help our patients who suffer from persistent and unsightly dark under-eye circles and under-eye bags. To learn more about this treatment option and whether you are a good candidate, please read the paragraphs below or contact us by calling (844) 321-1138 today.
Why Consider Medical Treatment for Bags Under the Eyes?
Patients choose to undergo this treatment because they have lost hope after years of using make up and concealers to hide their dark under-eyes circles and under-eye bags. Topical treatments may provide some hope, but over time patients realize that medical help is the only permanent solution that actually works.
The treatable causes of dark under eye circles and under eye bags include:
- Hyperpigmentation: If hyperpigmentation is causing your under-eye bags and dark under-eye circles, then this treatment we offer is perfect for you. By using the IPL laser therapy or fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure in addition to bleaching peels, we can effectively remove the signs of dark under-eye circles.
- Visible blood vessels: IPL and laser skin resurfacing are the best treatment options for visible blood vessels under the eyes, however, it must be performed by experienced medical professionals to avoid harming the surrounding blood vessels and deliver satisfactory results. To enhance the procedure, we also incorporate specialized bleaching peels.
- Fat loss: If fat loss is an issue that has caused dark under-eye circles, dermal fillers such as Restylane combined with laser skin resurfacing or laser treatment of any discoloration, will often do the trick.
How Does This Treatment Work?
By combining IPL laser therapy or laser skin resurfacing with bleaching peel, we are able to reduce or completely eliminate your dark under-eye circles and under-eye bags. Here is how each procedure works to help eradicate the problem:
- The IPL treatment works to destroy melanin that causes pigmentation or darkening of the skin.
- Laser skin resurfacing reduces discoloration, removes lines, scars and promotes the growth of new, healthy skin cells.
- Bleaching peel lightens the skin to minimize dark spots, and exfoliates the skin, eliminating contaminants such as dead cells. It also improves blood circulation in the area, contributing to natural regeneration of the skin.
Depending on the severity of your under eye circles and under eye bags, we will offer you a customized combination treatment tailored just for you. In general, you will need to undergo a treatment session once a month for three months to completely free yourself of dark under-eye circles and under-eye bags. We also offer under eye fillers to address under eye bags.
Treatment Recovery and After Care
After each treatment you will be provided specific after care instructions. In general, this treatment does not require any time off work or downtime, as long as you take care to avoid the sun for a few days. Avoiding exposure to the sun or chemicals that may be harmful to the healing skin will help promote recover. We will provide you with after-treatment instruction and growth-factors that promote healing and improve your long-term results.
Please call us today at (844) 321-1138 to schedule your complimentary treatment consultation. After examining your concerns, we will determine the cause of your dark under-eye circles or bags and draft the best treatment course for you. We treat patients in San Diego and Carlsbad, and welcome those who live in or around Del Mar and other nearby communities.