Avalon Laser offers leading cellulite treatment in San Diego and Carlsbad. Our advanced, non-invasive technology treats problem areas in just a few sessions and can completely transform problem areas for both men and women who suffer from cellulite.
Please read the paragraphs below to learn more about our VelaShape cellulite reduction treatment in San Diego. If you have questions or would like to book a free consultation, please call us at 800-896-1138 today.
Cellulite is connective tissue that surrounds fat cells. Over time, the tissue becomes more rigid and pushes against the skin, thereby, creating the dimpled effect. Patients with loose skin who do not exercise often will usually notice very deep dimples or cellulite.
Exercise and dieting is a prevention method for cellulite, but once you already have cellulite, it is very much resistant to conventional methods. This is why we offer VelaShape cellulite reduction treatment that has been approved by the FDA for effective elimination of cellulite.
Cellulite Treatment Before
Cellulite Treatment After
Our use of VelaShape technology allows us to treat circumferential fat reduction patients on a regular basis with excellent results.
Why Consider Cellulite Treatment?
Cellulite treatment with VelaShape is completely painless and treatment sessions are very short, approximately 15-45 minutes. You will see results often after the first treatment, depending on how severe your cellulite dimples are. This treatment feels like a warm massage and it is performed with a massaging hand piece that combined advanced laser and radio frequency technologies to break up the cellulite and get rid of it.
VelaShape treatment does not require any recovery time, needles, incisions or stitches. The technology simply breaks up the cellulite and helps the body get rid of the excess fat through its natural detoxification process. This is why our San Diego cellulite reduction patients love this comfortable, effective treatment.
During your consultation with Dr. Reza Tirgari, you will have the opportunity to talk to him about your concerns. He will closely examine the cellulite and give you a good idea of how many VelaShape treatments you will need in order to achieve your desired results.
Once this is completed, Dr. Tirgari will draft a custom cellulite reduction treatment plan just for you and answer all of your questions. He will also ask you about your medical history to make sure this treatment is safe for you. If you are pregnant or you suffer from any serious medical conditions, please be sure to tell Dr. Tirgari.
At your complimentary consultation, you will also be provided with before and after treatment instructions and how to best maintain your results. Please be sure that you eat healthy and exercise on a regular basis so that the cellulite does not come back. Our doctor and his team will help you along the way.
What to Expect after Your Appointment
VelShape is completely non-invasive. You may experience:
- A warm sensation on the treated area. It may last for up to 3 hours.
- Mild redness and slight swelling occurs in some cases.
- Tighter, smoother-feeling skin immediately after treatment.
- Mild bruising may occur for a couple of days.
- Initial improvement is often visible after 2-3 sessions.
- The best results are typically visible after 4-6 sessions.
What to do after VelaShape Cellulite Treatment
One of the advantages of VelaShape is the lack of recovery and downtime. It's completely non-surgical. Nonetheless, you should keep a few things in mind in order to help your body adjust after treatment:
- DO drink plenty of water. The clear fluid will help to flush the destroyed fat cells from your body.
- DO eat a balanced diet. Immediately after, healthy eating will help your body as it responds to treatment. In the long-term, healthy foods will help you maintain your results over the years.
- DO engage in walking and light activity immediately after treatment. Doing so will promote blood circulation and help your body respond to the treatment.
- DO stay out of direct sun, tanning beds and other sources of UV light for at least 7 days.
Of course, there are some don'ts recommended, as well:
- DON'T take aspirin and NSAID medications (such as ibuprofen) for 4-5 days, to prevent bruising.
- DON'T consume alcohol for 4-5 days to prevent bruising.
- DON'T engage in strenuous, intense exercise for at least 5 days.
- DON'T use hot tubs, saunas or steam rooms for at least 5 days.
Healthy Eating Tips
Eating healthfully and in a balanced way will help your results last. Consult your doctor before making any major changes in your diet. Generally, the following tips are a good idea for the average person's diet:
- Keep your diet low in less healthy carbohydrates and saturated fats.
- Eat healthier carbohydrates to reduce insulin surges after meals and to prevent fat storage. Healthy carbs include vegetables, fruit, whole grains and beans.
- Healthy fats are a good idea as well, and include avocados, peanut butter, nuts and sources of omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon.
- It's important to consume healthy protein, such as poultry, egg whites and lean meat.
- Reducing added sugar is also a good idea, as well as sources of unhealthy saturated fats. Limit or eliminate your consumption of chips, candy, pastries and other sweets, fries and fast food.
We want you to love your results! To prevent any worsening of cellulite after treatment, a healthy diet and regular activity is recommended.
Please contact Avalon Laser online or call us today at 800-896-1138 to schedule your complimentary cellulite treatment consultation at our office in San Diego or Carlsbad.