Recovery after BOTOX in San Diego does not involve any downtime. There may be some redness, tenderness, or bruising, but these side effects are minor and fade quickly. Dr. Tirgari and the cosmetic nurses at Avalon Laser have the experience and technique necessary to keep any side effects to an absolute minimum.
What to expect after treatment with BOTOX
After your treatment, you can expect to return to your day as usual, while keeping a few guidelines in mind. You will be given a few facial exercises to perform that will help the BOTOX integrate into your muscles. Other instructions will include:
- Avoid lying down for three to four hours directly after your treatment
- Don’t engage in any strenuous activities or exercise until the next day
- Keep your head level and avoid bending down for roughly two hours after treatment
- Don’t take any blood-thinning medications such as ibuprofen after treatment to ward off bruising
- Do not touch the treated area
Are there any side effects?
After your treatment, you could experience minor side effects such as:
- Feeling slightly numb or tender, especially if the area was treated with a numbing cream or anesthetic before treatment
- The injection sites may be slightly swollen or red
- You could see minor bruising at the injection sites
These side effects, if they appear, fade within the first few days, won’t get in the way of your daily routine. If you are concerned at all about side effects from BOTOX, talk to us – we are always available to answer your questions!
When will I see the results develop?
The results will develop gradually, with full results at two weeks following your treatment. If you are planning on attending an upcoming event, be sure to schedule your treatment at least two weeks in advance so you look your best!