Hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating, affects hands, feet, underarms or face, and is characterized by episodes occurring at least once a week on both sides of the body. For severe underarm sweating, BOTOX injections are were FDA-approved in 2004 as an effective, non-surgical treatment. The neurotoxin in BOTOX affects the sweat glands, halting the production of perspiration.
How can BOTOX treat excessive sweating?
The neurotoxin in BOTOX affects the nerve signals that trigger the sweat glands to produce perspiration. If you suffer from excessive underarm sweating, it is an embarrassing and uncomfortable condition, and could cause you to avoid certain types of social activities, negatively affecting your overall quality of life. The BOTOX injections into the armpits, hands, or feet, working by affecting the nerves that trigger sweating, for relief from the condition – and a happier, more confident life.
Non-invasive, non-surgical treatment for hyperhidrosis in San Diego
BOTOX has been found to be extremely effective in treating hyperhidrosis. An FDA-approved treatment for excessive underarm sweating, at Avalon Laser, we perform this injectable treatment to assist our patients to finally resolve this embarrassing and unpleasant physical condition.
The treatment: what should I expect?
The treatment takes only a short appointment, with results that last for six months or longer for some patients. At Avalon Laser, all our treatments are performed with the latest protocols, and all our injectors are trained and certified. The treatment is as follows:
- The area to be treated is numbed prior to treatment to make it more comfortable to experience. Ice may be applied prior to injections.
- The BOTOX is injected in a grid pattern, with each injection about one to two centimeters apart to affect the maximum number of sweat glands in the area. The injections feel like a minor pinch.
- Your treatment is complete.
Enjoy a more confident life, free from excessive sweating.
Hyperhidrosis is a very unpleasant, uncomfortable, and embarrassing condition. Prior to the discovery that BOTOX injections could resolve the condition, the treatments could have involved surgical removal of sweat glands, laser treatments for cauterization, or other more invasive treatments. The use of BOTOX is safe, effective, and takes only minutes to perform.
Why choose Avalon Laser in San Diego for my treatments?
At Avalon Laser, you can be confident that your BOTOX for hyperhidrosis treatment will be performed by a trained, certified injector, under the guidance and care of Dr. Reza Tirgari. We offer our patients a private, discreet, personalized experience with the following advantages:
- Avalon Laser is a boutique, luxury non-surgical cosmetic facility.
- We offer the largest diversity of advanced cosmetic treatments in a private, serene, luxurious atmosphere.
- We are committed to providing our patients with the most advanced aesthetic technology available, including BOTOX for hyperhidrosis.
- We use the safest, advised injection protocols.