A facial is a cosmetic treatment performed by a licensed medical professional. This treatment is the one of the best ways to take care of your skin. Our cosmetic dermatology team uses custom facials to help our patients achieve clear and healthy skin.
A big part of a facial is to exfoliate the skin, which helps remove harmful dirt, bacteria and dead skin from the surface. At Avalon Laser, we offer custom facials. This means our level of expertise in cosmetic dermatology allows us to customize each facial treatment depending on your skin type, skin problems and goals.
Please read the content below to learn more about custom facials at our cosmetic dermatology San Diego and Carlsbad locations. If you know what is a facial and wish to receive one, please contact us by dialing (844) 321-1138 to schedule your facial consultation today.
Why Should I Consider Facials?
A facial is recommended on a regular basis and can be extremely beneficial to the skin. In fact, a facial should be a part of your regular skin care regiment. Most of our San Diego patients receive a custom facial every three to six months, or as recommended by one of our skin care professionals.
A facial offer many benefits, including:
- Minimizes and opens clogged pores due to make up and moisturizers
- Kills bacteria
- Removes dead skin cells from the surface of the skin
- Rejuvenates and refreshes the skin
- Reduces future acne breakouts
- Firms and tones the skin
Our estheticians are certified to deliver the best, most comprehensive skin care designed just for your individual needs.
How Does a Custom Facial Work?
Applying and performing a facial is completed in several steps. After talking to you about your concerns and history with facials, as well as you skin care regiment, one of our estheticians will get a better idea on how to customize a facial just for you.
A facial treatment includes the following steps:
- Cleansing – The esthetician will first use a special face cleanser that is medicated and soothing to clean the surface of the skin and remove any bacteria and debris.
- Analyzing the Skin – Next, the skin is examined and looked at through a magnifying glass. During this time, the esthetician is trying to determine weather your skin is dry, oily or combination of the two. This allows us to further customize your facial. The esthetician will let you know what he or she finds and what types of treatments and remedies he or she recommends for best skin care for you.
- Exfoliation – Once the pores are opened, we use special beads that rub and exfoliate the skin. Exfoliation simply means removal of superficial dead skin cells that can cause clogged pores.
- Massage – The estheticians will then massage the entire face. This stimulates blood flow to the area and feels extremely relaxing.
- Face Mask – A soothing face mask is applied. The purpose of the face mask is to soothe and remedy the skin, accelerating the healing process after exfoliation and extractions. The mask is usually made of vitamins and antioxidants, which are easily absorbed into the skin as dead cells have already been removed and pores are open, ready to receive the benefits of the facial mask.
- Skin Care Recommendations – After this entire process, we will have a good idea of the type of skin you have, the skin issues you are facing and the level of any damage, including sun damage. Based on this vital information, your Avalon Laser esthetician will then help you develop a skin care regiment that will help you will all of your concerns and allow you to take healthy skin to the optimal level.
Recovery and Aftercare
After your facial, you will be asked not to apply make up for the rest of that day. You will also need to wear sunscreen in order to protect the skin. However, you should wear a light and soothing sunscreen full time.
A facial does not require any recovery or downtime. You are free to move on with you daily routine right away.
Your Custom Facial Consultation
During your consultation, the esthetician will examine your skin and talk to you about your current skin care regimen as well as concerns. Please be sure to mention all of your skin care issues, what steps you have taken to remedy them and also if you are allergic to any fruits, vegetables, chemicals or anything else. A lot of the facial masks contain antioxidants from fruit and vegetable extracts, so its very important that you disclose your allergies to us.
After examining you skin, our estheticians may recommend a range of treatment options for problems that a facial may not remedy for good. To begin developing your custom treatment plan, please call (844) 321-1138 or contact Avalon Laser online today. Dr. Tirgari welcomes patients throughout the San Diego area, including Carlsbad, Del Mar and other nearby communities, to our two convenient offices in Southern California.