Hair loss can be an embarrassing and traumatizing experience for both men and women. When it happens you may not know what options are available to you. At Avalon Laser, we’ve perfected the Scalp Micropigmentation process and created a unique technique for follicle restoration and color matching to achieve the illusion of a natural, even hairline and a fuller, denser head of hair.
If you’re interested in learning more about Scalp Micropigmentation and if it could help you, contact us today at 844-321-1138 to schedule your free initial consultation. We proudly serve the areas of San Diego and Carlsbad, California.
What is Scalp Micropigmentation?
Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) is the process of using specialized needles to place pigment under the dermal layer of the scalp and hairline. This hair augmentation process gives the appearance of hair follicles by creating a “shaved head” look without the hair and is an alternative to surgery and other expensive treatments. The hair rejuvenation treatments SMP can provide include hairline blending, hair density simulation, and scar camouflaging.
Benefits of SMP
There are many benefits for both men and women who undergo the SMP treatment. It’s great for men who suffer from early male-pattern baldness, men and women who have hair loss from the use of certain medications, those with thinning hairlines, and those looking for an alternative to hair transplants.
It’s also great for both men and women who suffer from Alopecia, an autoimmune disorder in which the immune system attacks hair follicles, causing hair loss. SMP can be a rewarding answer to this extremely frustrating ailment and one that requires little downtime and discomfort.
Other benefits of SMP include:
- Non-surgical treatment
- Relatively pain-free
- Long-term solution to hair loss
- 100% safe, sterile, and drug-free
- Natural-looking results
- Custom blended keratin-based pigments
- Customized needle groupings for individual hair follicle replication
- Alternative to hair transplants
- Requires little to no maintenance
- Complimentary consultations in a private medical office
- Financing available
The SMP Process
Once you’ve made the decision that the hair augmentation treatment of SMP is right for you, you’ll begin the transformation of your scalp at our Avalon Laser office. This non-invasive treatment is safe, simple, and effective for rejuvenating your hairline to give it a fuller appearance. At our office, the SMP process proceeds as follows:
- Consultation: You’ll begin with a complimentary consultation involving conversations about your hair-loss patterns and family history of hair loss. Next, we’ll go over your current health, medical history, and the health of your scalp and hair follicles to determine if you’re a candidate for this procedure. You’ll then discuss your expectations for your desired look and end results with our SMP technician who will then give you an approximate estimate of cost and number of sessions needed.
- Pre-treatment care: Before your treatment, it’s recommended that you avoid the sun and using any chemicals on your scalp such as self-tanning lotions, medical-grade skincare, or topical treatments of any kind.
- Treatment session: Each session can take between one to four hours and you’ll be in a calm and relaxing room in a very comfortable reclining chair. For most people, SMP is a fairly pain-free procedure, as the SMP technician uses an effective, medical-grade topical anesthetizing cream to gently numb each area. Although each individual is different, most people feel little to no discomfort.
- Post-treatment care: Immediately after your procedure you’ll wash your scalp with a mild shampoo (preferably baby shampoo), doing this twice a day for the first week. After the first week, you may resume swimming, sweating, and exposure to the sun, but it’s extremely important to moisturize daily and use sunscreen with at least 30 SPF. This is vital to the overall maintenance and protection of the SMP to maintain its natural look.
- Results: Several factors determine how long your results will last, such as the overall health and chemistry of your scalp, if you smoke, the amount of sun exposure, and personal scalp care. By keeping your scalp moisturized and protected from the sun, SMP can last up to 10 years without any touch-ups.
The cost of the procedure depends on several factors; the severity of your hair loss, the health of your scalp, and the desired outcomes. You can expect to pay $60 to $75 per sq. in. for full scalp pigmentation, which on average runs around $3500-$4500. Scar camouflaging on the scalp and hairline blending are unique for each individual and can only be estimated by an in-depth, in-person consultation.
Contact a Professional SMP Specialist Today
At Avalon Laser, Dr. Reza Tirgari and his entire staff believe in helping you look and feel your best. By using the latest techniques, advanced technology, and customized treatments they work to achieve world-class results for every client.
If you’d like to learn more about the SMP procedure and if it’s right for you, contact our office today at 844-321-1138 to schedule your free initial consultation. We serve clients in and around San Diego and Carlsbad, California.